Gi Group Holding expands footprint in Colombia tenfold through the acquisition of key local player, Focun Group
Today, Gi Group Holding announces its latest step in its global expansion journey with a strategic transaction in the Colombian market: the acquisition of Focun Group, the leading multi-brand organization in the country’s staffing and Business Process Outsourcing industry. Focun Group is now part of the Milan-based Gi Group Holding which, through a complementary ecosystem of HR solutions, provides services to over 20,000 companies across the world. Founded in 1990, Focun Group counts with over 30 years of proven experience as one of Colombia’s staffing and Business Process Outsourcing industry leaders. Under the direction of co-Founders Marlene Serrano and Isabel Arciniegas, its successful track record is the result of both a calculated and strategic growth trajectory coupled with the identification of key industries in which to invest resources. With this new operation, Gi Group Holding’s presence in the Colombian market will increase tenfold (10x). Through this venture, ultimately, more than 7,000 people will be provided employment and this will also place Gi Group Holding in the top 10 HR companies in Colombia.
Headquartered in Bogota – the nation’s capital – and with presence in a total of nine (9) different key cities in Colombia, Focun Group operates across two businesses: T&S, which provides staffing services, and ESI, which is focused on outsourcing services through a number of individual brands:
- T&S Temservice: an expert in temporary service offerings by placing and managing top talent. In 2021, this unit handled an average of 14,000 deals per year and sourced 5,000 workers through 320,000 candidate profiles for 200+ clients. These clients include national and multinational companies from industries that range from finance, industrial, logistics, through to CPG, cosmetics and more.
Renowned for high standards, T&S is affiliated with the Bogota Chamber of Commerce, ACOSET (Colombian Association of Temporary Services Companies), and ACRIP (Colombia’s National Federation of Human Resources).
- ESI: a portfolio that extends clients an integrated suite of outsourcing solutions across highly specialized brands. In 2021, ESI provided employment to 1,000 people through 200+ key clients, drawing from industries such as industrial, pharmaceuticals, retail, finance, logistics, and more. Key brands include:
- IMPAKTE: trade marketing support, aimed at improving the end consumer experience.
- ALKHO: assistance for managing industrial processes, like outsourcing for projects focused on the management of industrial processes that include production, primary and secondary packaging process, industrial maintenance and internal supply logistics.
- Facility Management Corp: general solution services for companies in need of staff for facilities maintenance/cleaning, industrial cleaning, maintenance as well as catering services, gardening, courier/messengers, and other generalist positions.
As with T&S, the brands across the ESI portfolio are affiliated with key organizations and partners to ensure the highest levels of industry knowledge and standards.